Registration for Detroit Young Life’s Summer Camp for Middle and High School Trips goes live on Saturday December 22nd! Seats on the bus will be strictly on a first-come first-served basis. Forms completed by April 1, 2019 (electronically ONLY) will result in a $50 discount on the total camp cost. Click the link below to make sure you’re on the bus and save yourself a few bucks!
High School Camp Week – June 26-July 1, 2019
Middle School Camp Week – August 1-5, 2019
Club is a high energy, interactive, co-ed after school gathering filled with fun, games, food, group building activities and a short gospel-centered message on the person of Jesus. The aim is for this to be the highlight of the week for our middle school and high school friends.
Bible Study (often called Campaigners within Young Life) is done in small group settings, often gender specific, where the intensive work of discipleship begins to take root. Students are encouraged to engage with the Scriptures and given the tools to begin investing in their own faith and spiritual development.
Summer Camp – After year-round activities designed to be both enjoyable and relevant, summer camp is the “cherry on top,” where Cornerstone students join hundreds of others from across the country for the best week ever at a Young Life camp, usually Timberwolf Lake, located in Lake City, MI. So many times at camp we have seen faith catalyzed and activated in ways that cannot be fully captured in words. Cornerstone Spirit of Detroit deeply discounts the cost of summer camp for students who are consistent in Club and/or Campaigners (Bible Study) and demonstrate sincere interest in improving their character and spiritual growth.
Please Note: We Need Adult Volunteers!
Did you know Detroit Young Life as part of The Spirit of Detroit Project operates with only two staff people?
1) Volunteer – We need caring adult volunteers who love Jesus and love kids to help facilitate Club and Bible Study at five Cornerstone schools for one hour per week. We will train you and provide the lessons!
2) Donate pizza for Club or Bible Study – Help us offset costs by providing cookies, beverages, paper products or pizza for our programs at the five Cornerstone schools.
Donate Here **
3) Sponsor a seat on the bus – Send a kid to summer camp by paying for their seat on the bus. Contact us for more details.
Times & locations of Young Life Activities at Cornerstone
- Monday, 4:00-5:00 @ Lincoln-King Academy (13436 Grove St., Detroit, 48235)
- Tuesday, 3:30-4:30 @ Cornerstone Health + Technology High School (17351 Southfield Fwy, Detroit, 48235)
- Wednesday, 4:00-4:45 @ Madison-Carver Academy (19900 McIntyre St., Detroit, 48219)
- Thursday, 3:45-5:00 @ Washington-Parks Academy (11685 Appleton, Redford Twp, 48239)
- Friday, 3:30-4:30 @ Jefferson-Douglass Academy (6861 E. Nevada St., Detroit, 48234)
Contact Shannon Gaston at 313-515-9751 for more information about Young Life at Cornerstone Schools.
To learn more about Young Life as a national organization, please visit www.younglife.org.